wedding tune

Saturday, September 26, 2015

martha dawn and mary mother of the bride...



Luke 10:38-42New International Version (NIV)

At the Home of Martha and Mary

38 As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. 39 She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet listening to what he said. 40 But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, “Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!”
41 “Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, 42 but few things are needed—or indeed only one. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.”

in this world, 
every mary needs a martha, 
every martha needs a mary, 
and 
every martha and mary 
need Jesus.

in this world, 
i am very mary...
so, i'm certain
Jesus gave me dawn 
to be my very martha...
as  
He was well aware 
i needed her.

even when i am not 
physically with her, 
she is in my ear...
-so much so- 
i may owe her 
wedding planning fees 
when this is all 
behind me;)

~@~

a couple of months ago, 
dawn came by 
and retrieved me from the lane. 
we made our way downtown 
to a chic, little gastro-pub 
where we had decided 
to enjoy a girls'-night-out.
after the hostess seated us 
and placed our menus 
before us, 
dawn reached down 
beside her chair, 
grabbed the handles 
of a gift bag
and placed said bag 
in front of me on the table. 

dawn: i know we said 
we weren't going 
to "do" birthday presents 
anymore, 
but i saw these 
and thought of you.
me: awe, you shouldn't have...

i reached into the pink striped bag 
and first took out the tissue paper. 
when i looked back inside the bag, 
the first thing i noticed 
was a silvery gray jacketed book 
with an illustration 
of a mother helping her bride daughter 
with her veil. 

~@~

when i reached in 
and pulled it 
out of the bag, 
i realized it was a guide 
for the mother of the bride 
by the knot
i felt my eyes get big 
and a smile come across my face. 

me: oh, thank you! 
have i told you 
the knot dot com 
has become my wedding-bible of sorts?
dawn: no, i've had this 
since right 
after katherine and zack 
got engaged. 
i saw it and picked it up
for you.
me: have you ever heard 
of the knot?
dawn: no?
me: i love it!
i will love this book!
the knot has answers 
to ALL things wedding.

i reached back into the bag 
and pulled out, next, 
a sweet book 
of wedding blessings 
and, lastly, 
a box of beautiful note cards. 

that 
martha-dawn 
knew exactly what 
this 
mary-mother-of-the-bride 
needed! 

she.always.does.

~@~

dawn: so, tell me all 
about it!
i know you have 
a venue and a dress?

(to be continued...)

love and God's blessings,
the mother of the bride xxx